- Doctor of Education, Higher Education Administration, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 1985.
- Masters of Art, American History, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 1974
- Bachelor of Arts, History, concentration in Asian Studies, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 1972
- Certified Trainer, Ethical Fitness, Institute for Global Ethics, Camden Maine, 1999
- Certificate in Arts Management, University of Georgia, Athens, 1978
- HPC 5190 - Helping Skills in Student Affairs Practice
- HPC 5410 - Introduction to Student Affairs
- HPC 5536 - Comparative Systems: the United Kingdom
- HPC 5751 - Ethics and Law in Professional Practice
- HPC 6410 - Student Development Administration
- HPC 5840 - Human Relations & Interactions
- Lancaster, J.M., Ed. (2006). "Exercising Power with Wisdom-Bridging legal and ethical practice with intention". Asheville, NC: College Administration Publications.
- "Ethics and Professional Practice", ASJA Training Manual chapter, in press.
- Cooper, D.L & Lancaster, J.M., Ed. (1998). Beyond law and policy: reaffirming the role of student affairs. New Directions in Student Services, 82.
- "Ethical Survival: framing a personal and professional dialogue with intention", invited address* to Association for Student Judicial Affairs International Conference, Clearwater Florida, February 2006.
- "Ethical communities: A journey and a destination", the Gerald L. Saddlemire Lecture, Friday, October 22, 2004, Bowling Green State University.
- "Ethical Success: The Journey and the Destination." Keynote Address, Georgia College Personnel Association, Jekyll Island, Georgia, February 2004.
- International Studies and Activities Committee
Professional Affiliations & Organizations
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association for Student Judicial Affairs (ASJA)
- Center for Academic Integrity (CAI)
- Institute for Global Ethics (IGE)
- Southern Association for College Student Affairs (SACSA)
Hobbies & Interests
- Music, including guitar and banjo
- Landscape gardening
- Home improvement and DIY projects
- Travel, international and domestic, with family and friends
Department: Department of Human Development and Psychological Counseling, Student Affairs Administration Program
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-6055
Office address334C College of Education
Boone, NC 28608-2037