We are very pleased that you are interested in graduate study at Appalachian State University.
For detailed information on the Graduate School and the graduate application process please visit http://graduate.appstate.edu/prospective-students
The following information is designed to make the application process go as smoothly as possible. As you collect the supporting materials for your application, please keep the following suggestions in mind:
- Submit a complete on-line graduate application. Missing documents and supporting materials can cause delays. Admissions committees in graduate programs cannot make final decisions about your application until your application is complete.
- Apply early. The volume of applications handled by the Graduate School is so great that processing time may take up to four weeks at the height of the application period. If you are applying to a graduate program that specifies a deadline for applications, please make sure you send in your complete application package well before the deadline.
- Directions for applying can be found at the Graduate School website.
- Once your on-line application has been processed in the Graduate School, your application will be referred for review to the program to which you are applying. A decision to accept or reject your application will be made by the Admissions Committee in that graduate program, and you will be sent a letter informing you of that committee's decision.
The faculty of the Department of Human Development & Psychological Counseling believe that many factors must be considered in assessing your application. To aid the admissions committee in examining your goals and reasons for applying, a departmental admissions questionnaire must be completed as part of the admissions process. The admissions questionnaire is a component of the on-line graduate school application.
Graduate Degree Programs
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Professional School Counseling
- Student Affairs Administration
- Marriage and Family Therapy